The proposal for the development of the study area was based on the following principles:
- Functionality of the network with safe and pedestrian-friendly configurations, widening of existing sidewalks, construction of ramps for people with disabilities, and guidance strips for people with limited vision. Emphasis is also given to the preservation of parking spaces as much as possible along the road, while ensuring the easy and safe movement of vehicles and pedestrians.
- Aesthetics through attractive paving and curbing.
- Cleanliness and hygiene by defining spaces for household waste bins.
The proposed works from the study are as follows:
- Widening of both sides of the sidewalk.
- Paving of the sidewalks.
- Construction of blind guidance strips.
- Construction of ramps or sloping sidewalks for the passage of people with disabilities.
- Placement of waste and recycling bins.
- Definition of new parking spaces.
- Placement of new streetlight poles.